Exclusive to ACS, the new SMARThead™ is a highly versatile compact remote head created to provide a comprehensive solution for high end remote camera applications.
Designed and developed in-house, the ACS SMARThead™ brings remote head technology right up to date with a wide range of advanced features that are key to an improved workflow in today's live production environment. With an array of mounting hardware available, SMARThead™ is fast to rig, features diverse control functions and is highly configurable for different applications.
SMARThead™ makes use of various broadcast standard brick style cameras including the Sony HDC-P1 and Ikegami HDL-51. In addition Sony T kit adapted cameras (HDC-1500 with HKC-T1500) can also be used. This considerably reduces the length and weight versus standard held cameras and therefore provides a much more compact 2/3" HD remote solution. SMARThead™ supports Canon and Fujinon serial digital lens protocols and automatically identifies lens make and model.
This unique remote head solution is optimised for multi-camera remote use with facilities such as a dedicated HD router that is control integrated so that operator preview from multiple cameras can be managed efficiently.
When combined with the large lens cradle adaptor SMARThead™ can carry a Canon HJ40 with excellent performance across the full focal length of the lens, with additional extensions that can be fitted to the yoke to achieve full look down in 'hanging' mode.
Where cameras such as the Sony HDC-P1 are used, ACS has developed a SMPTE powered fibre adapter that provides SMARThead™ power, data control and all camera services such as HD-SDI transport and gen lock. This can operate with all SMARThead™ systems including the large lens option and represents a single cable solution. The reduced cabling infrastructure and multi-camera single operator operation makes SMARThead™ suitable for any production budget.
SMARThead™ features include:
- Single Operator and shared multi-camera control capability
- Programmable shot box for repeat moves and positions
- Microprocessor controlled Direct Drive Motors ensure excellent control performance
- Reduced cabling infrastructure - Single SMPTE fibre cable per camera for Video/Power & Control with additional options such as audio transmission and return video
- Highly configurable production rack housing base stations, routers and power with various outputs available
- Utilises standard camera remote control panels (RCP).
- Standard SMARThead™ with Ikegami HDL-51 box camera and full servo Fujinon or Canon HD lenses
- Alternative cameras are available including Sony HKC-T adapters for HDC-1500 & HDC- 950 families as well as HDC-X300 box style cameras
- SMARThead™ control desk represents a significant step forward in multi-camera control
- High quality force sensitive joysticks employed for pan/tilt functions
- Force sensor used in a unique arrangement for zoom control
- Sophisticated active matrix OLED touch screen display incorporated as the primary user interface for set-up
- Tactile push button switches for 'go now' functions
- All traditional controls associated with remote head desks provided in a manner familiar to operators
- Highly flexible and versatile powered fibre transmission system utilises standard SMPTE 311 cabling for easy integration into OB or fly-away applications
- Single cable solution provides: head power, control data, camera power, RCP data, HD SDI transport, genlock, GPI/O, 4 channels of 24bit EBU/AES analogue (bi-directional) audio and remote head/camera power control
- Case can be located up to 15 metres away from the SMARThead™ and camera
CCU and RCP
- Each channel offers camera control via fully featured RCP, multiple HD SDI outputs, down converted SDI and composite outputs, genlock inputs and distribution
- Can be supplied as a single channel or as part of a multi-camera remote set-up
- Fibre base stations configured as full function camera CCU's, integrating the SMARThead™ functions and offering industry standard breakouts (XLR-3 & 26 way multi) for ancillary functions such as audio & data
Multi-System Production Base Stations
- Base stations available as standalone 3U half width racks or in multi-camera systems 4 channels are racked in 19" flight cased sleeves
- Additional built in features such as a dedicated HD switcher for handling operator previews synced and set up via the SMARThead™ desks
- Configurable Evertz Multi-Viewer, internal mains distribution, tail-board style BNC patch panel, utility spaces, extensive audio and data connectivity
- SMPTE power provided via Telecast HDX
- Can be positioned individually or as quad-racks independently of the base stations
- Offers real versatility in cable planning for all types of temporary installation
- A wide range of mounting hardware that includes self supporting adjustable stands with a variety of bases and column heights from 500mm to 4 metres are available
- Many other mounting options exist including a circular heavy duty base plate that permits very close to the ground/floor positions to be achieved with a very small footprint